Search Available Positions
Financial Accounting Manager Van Nuys, CA
Financial Accounting ManagerCategory Finance
Having fun at work is a mandatory at this company, so if you are looking for a mundane organization, this is not for you.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accounting Manager (with Big Four CPA or major regional firm experience) who will be responsible for performing day-to-day general accounting, inventory management, and financial reporting. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Finance.
The candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to propose and implement solutions/process efficiencies and best practices. The candidate will also work on special projects to assist the Chief Financial Officer.
This position will be based in Van Nuys, California.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Establish and maintain financial system controls and develop procedures to improve systems
- Collaborates with all department managers to support corporate goals
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO and other C-Suite members regarding financial results and special reporting requests
- Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Monitor cash flow of domestic and international companies
- Manage vendor relationships
- Manage all tax relationships
- Supervise AP/AR analysts for domestic and international companies independently
- Consolidate financial statements for group business units
- Consolidate variance analysis
- Complete and verify fulfillment center inventory adjustments
- Complete quarterly royalty and commission statements
- Oversee bank reconciliations for domestic and international accounts
- Credit checks on perspective customer vendors and affiliates
- Assist in implementation of new ERP system
Competitive salary and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match up to 5% after one year of employment, and summer hours between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline; AND:
- CPA or ability to register as CPA within six months of hire , OR
- MBA or M.S. In Accounting
- Minimum two years’ experience in public accounting at a Big 4 or major regional firm.