Welcome to Equis Staffing's Career News section. Our mission is to continue to provide education through thought leadership and inspire our readers with new ideas.
Business Application Manager Job Requirements
- Oversee projects through direct participation and/or assembling teams, including supervising partners, assigning responsibilities, identifying required resources, developing schedules and ensuring completion to project timelines.
- Manage a group of both in-house and partner resources (onshore/offshore) including Business Analysts, Programmers and Technical Analysts.
- Manage projects that include custom applications and third party solutions.
- Manage application development while ensuring suitability to task, reliability and security, within predefined plans.
- Assist in developing and then execute against an agreed upon application roadmap for both the short and mid-term horizons.
- Increase the value IT provides to various operating divisions, including the definition and refinement of business processes, and leveraging technology where appropriate to improve operations.
- Procure software at the best value considering all related costs.
- Work with operating divisions and corporate to improve operations, reduce costs, and drive efficiencies.
- Ensure projects are delivered with best practices, reusability of code, and an understanding of how to use technology to best meet business needs.
- Lead all aspects of the project lifecycle, from conception, to project definition, initial kickoff, requirements analysis, design, through implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Well versed in different development methodologies – Waterfall, Agile and Incremental.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills in interfacing with business partners and the IT community.
- Demonstrated success in managing an applications group for a distributed enterprise.
- Demonstrated success at leading solutions that solve business problems; Ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members through respect for demonstrated depth of architectural expertise.
- Strong customer management and negotiation skills with the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints, manage scope in a positive way, and articulate the advantages of a technology solution.
- Ability to organize and lead client sessions that involve non-technical resources that result in clear requirements and technical design, and to translate business requirements into practical technology solutions.
- Extensive experience in translating business requirements into practical solutions. This requires taking into account the impact upon the business along with the long-term costs and complexity of the technology.
- Ability to generate business owner sign-off and commitment to these designs and the solution.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across technical areas and business units.
- Must have excellent Oral, Written Skills and Presentation skills.
- Ability to work as a self-starter.
- Ability to educate and guide others on architectural standards, principles, methodology, and trends.
- Skill in effectively mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
- Proven ability to provide and manage budgets for large scale development projects and the accompanying rollout.