Welcome to Equis Staffing's Career News section. Our mission is to continue to provide education through thought leadership and inspire our readers with new ideas.
Oracle DBA Job Description
An Oracle DBA position's main function will be performing database software installs, upgrades and migrations. The Oracle DBA will be responsible for database backup and recovery, setting up and maintaining databases at Disaster Recovery Site, and providing database support for development projects during analysis, design, build and implementation phases
Additional responsibilities of the job include working with system administrators and network engineers, following up with corporate database administration standards and procedures, and continual evaluation of the merits/benefits of available db system upgrades and enhancements. This position must maintain a high level of service and database system performance.
- B.S. degree or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Equivalent work experience required
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS architecture
- Experience in the following databases:
- Oracle 10g/11g (Oracle ASM and RAC required)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Unix administration experience or knowledge
- Technical project management
- Database Certification(s)
- Sybase ASE/IQ, IBM DB2, Teradata a plus
If you have questions or would like to submit a resume for one of our Oracle DBA jobs, please email Justin at email@example.com. To see more job opportunities, please visit: http://www.equisdifference.com/